SKYLINE ATHLETIC BOOSTER CLUB
Direct Distribution (Revenue Sharing)
- To distribute SABC non-earmarked revenue more broadly across teams, using an objective system.
- To maximize opportunities for all teams to earn SABC funds every year.
- To provide a revenue-sharing mechanism to incentivize individual and team participation in SABC fundraising and management activities.
- Step 1: The SABC Board will establish initial target amount for direct distribution (revenue sharing), based on recommendation from the Finance Committee. For 2014-15, this amount is was $7,000. Actual amount for 2014-15 was $10,186
- Step 2: In April, the SABC Board will review revenues and expenses for the year to date, and adjust the target for Direct Distribution as needed.
- Step 3: Board-approved revenue sharing formula will be used to allocate Direct Distribution to teams. The Athletic Office will help to compile information on team characteristics; the SABC President will compile information on SABC Team and Individual Service.
- Step 4: Near the end of the fiscal year, the SABC Board will determine actual fund total for direct distribution (revenue sharing) based on final financials from Golf Outing and other fundraising programs, as well as 50% of remaining funds from SABC grants and other budgeted items (the other 50% of those remaining funds will be split between the athletic director’s discretionary fund and a capital fund).
- Step 5: Based on the final total amount available for direct distribution (revenue sharing), and using the allocation formula, the Finance Committee will determine direct distribution amounts per team.
- Step 6: Direct distribution (revenue sharing) amounts will be transferred to teams prior to the end of the SABC fiscal year (June 30).