Skyline Athletic Registration Forms Must be completed online. For those who already registered last year, you will need to use the same login information when you created the account, both student and parent. Please update all information from previous years and upload new sports physical dated on or after April 15, 2019. For those new to the process, please follow the step by step instructions below. Both parent and student need to create an account and link the two together.
Insurance & Pay to Participate Fee Per AAPS policy, these fees must be paid online or at the Rec & Ed office as part of the registration process and before any student will be cleared for participation in athletics, including tryouts.
AAPS Waiver Form Only used by those who no longer have their Chartwell’s letter stating Free/Reduced Lunch status. Must be turned in to athletic office who will verify status with Chartwell’s and then process waiver code request for PTP fees. Chartwell’s letter is the fastest way to obtain waiver code.
MHSAA Physical Card/Medical History Form-copy can be obtained on the registration site(Must be uploaded onto the registration form once completed by physician, original copy is to be keep with family)
MHSAA New Student/Transfer Form Must be filled out by any student in 10th, 11th or 12th grade new to Skyline, any 9th grader new to Skyline only after the school year has begun.
SKYLINE SPORTS REGISTRATION STEPS
STEP ONE: Pay-to-Participate and Insurance Fees must be paid through Ann Arbor Community Education and Recreation either online with credit card (See link above) or at the Rec & Ed office located at 1515 S. Seventh St. Ann Arbor MI 48103 (West side of Pioneer High School). NOTE: Club sports pay the insurance fee only. Please pay for all sports for the school year.
If you believe you are eligible for a refund, please contact the Athletic Office. NO REFUNDS for Pay-to-Participate will be given after June 25 of the current school year.
Parent and student must create separate accounts, using different emails and/or mobile numbers.
Important: Students must be sure to create accounts using accurate information, including their Legal Name from school registration, DOB, high school graduation year and school. You can click SELF HELP on the right of the screen for walkthroughs of the account creation, account linking, and athletic forms functionality.
- Go to www.arbiterathlete.com and click on the SIGN UP button in the top right of the screen – OR – With a smartphone, follow these Quick Account Instructions: If you have not received a request to link accounts with your student; please use the code that corresponds to the school your student attends. If you have multiple students at different campuses, use the code that corresponds to your oldest student. Once you send the code you will immediately receive a text back with a hyperlink to create your account. (Msg & Data rates may apply.)
- Skyline High School: via mobile phone send a text to 69274 containing S42888 in the message. You will instantly receive a text inviting you to create an account. (Text HELP to 69274 for more information. Text STOP to 69274 to opt out. Msg & Data rates may apply. The wireless carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. Number of messages vary per user.
- Link the Parent account to the Student(s) account. You will be led through this process after creating an account. If you do not link accounts at the time of account creation, you can always click the LINK ACCOUNT button at any time to complete or initiate the linking process. Parents can link to as many student accounts as they wish by repeating the linking invitation process.
- Complete Athletic Forms/Uploads as Advised. Students with accounts may begin completing digital forms immediately. Parents must be linked to a student account to see the electronic version of the forms. If they are not linked, they will only see example PDF versions of the forms. You can complete forms or see their status at any time by clicking on the ATHLETIC FORMS.
For additional help please refer to the one-page help-guide below, access the complete online forms tips located in the light green bar at the top of the Athletic Forms page in your account or use the light blue self help button located on the right-hand side of your screen.
Athletes cannot participate in sports until digital forms are complete and approved unless otherwise specified by your school. Forms will be valid for the entire school year for which they are filled out, with the exception of the physical exam provided by your physician which will reflect the policy set in place by your athletic department. Completing and having your Pre-Participation Registration Forms accepted by your school does NOT guarantee you have made the team.
If you need assistance with ArbiterAthlete or need more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions regarding the content of form requirements, please contact Athletic Office.
- Downloadable Instructions for ArbiterAthlete (pdf)
- ArbiterAthlete Pre-Participation Forms Getting Started Guide for Parent and Student (pdf)
• • • • •
*Physical Examination Requirements for Playing a Sport at Skyline
Student’s will NOT be allowed to practice with or try-out for a Skyline team unless a current physical form is on file in the Athletic Office prior to the first practice. NO EXCEPTIONS.
The physical examination must:
- Be signed by a physician (M.D. or D.O.), Physician’s Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner. Forms signed by chiropractors will not be accepted!
- Be dated on or after April 15 of the previous school year.
NOTE: The penalty to the school for allowing a student to participate in a contest without having a current signed physical card on file is a forfeit. However, of far greater significance is the risk of physical activity without clearance from a physician.