The Skyline varsity letter criteria are designed, first and foremost, to reflect a student-athlete’s ability to be competitive at the varsity level as demonstrated in SEC league meets, invitationals and championship meets.
Furthermore, a varsity letter reflects a student-athlete’s commitment to academics, citizenship and overall commitment to the team during the season.
All team members, including freshmen, are eligible to receive varsity letters if they meet the following criteria:
- Participation – Attend 90% of all scheduled practices regardless of reason.
- Attend all swim meets.
- Academic – Remain academically eligible per the athletic department guidelines for the year.
- Citizenship – Complete one community service project during the course of the season.
- Competitive – Accomplish one of the following performance criteria:
- Place at the SEC league meet (or swim a time that would have).
- Score 30 points in the 8 – SEC dual meets.
- Swim one of the automatic varsity times listed below:
|Event||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year|
|Diving||155 pts||165 pts||180 pts||195 pts|