COMMITMENT TO THE TEAM
All team members are expected to attend all scheduled practices and all scheduled meets. An academic conflict (including band, orchestra and choir) is the only acceptable reason (other than illness) for missing a meet. Swimming and Diving is a demanding sport and will require a solid commitment and dedication to the program.
OUTSIDE EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- All team members are expected to be available for all practices and all meets.
- Participation in another sport during the swim & dive season must be approved by the coaching staff. Failure to do so may result in exclusion from a competition or forfeiture of a varsity letter.
- Athletes should notify the coach of any conflicts in the first week of the season or as soon as the conflict arises
- Accommodations will be made for athletes participating in another in-season Skyline Sport. (cross country, volleyball, field hockey, golf)
TEAM SELECTION REQUIREMENTS
Swimming and Diving competes as one team rather than separate freshman, JV and varsity squads. We pride ourselves on our ability to nurture and develop athletes however this is not a Learn-to-Swim program. No cuts will be made for those who meet the following requirements
- Be able to swim 300 yards each of Freestyle, Backstroke and Breaststroke
- Have a working knowledge of Butterfly
- Have prior swimming experience
BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS IN AUGUST
Monday thru Friday 10:00am-12:00pm
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri 5:00-7:00pm
Saturday 8:00a, – 10:100am
DURING SCHOOL YEAR UNTIL NOVEMBER 6th
Monday thru Friday 5:00 – 7:00pm
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 6:00 – 7:00am (Begin Sept. 10)
TEAM RULES AND CONSEQUENCES
- All Ann Arbor District and Skyline High School Rules and Regulations will be followed. Penalties stated in the code of conduct will be followed as well. Athletes on the Swimming & Diving Team are athletes 24/7 and will be held to these standards at all times. Whether she is on school grounds or not, whether she is representing the team or not and whether it is during school hours or not, the penalties remain the same.
- All athletes are expected to attend all meets and all practices with an exception for illness or academic conflict. Failure to do so may result in missing the next meet.
- No cell phones are allowed on the pool deck during practices and meets.
- All athletes are expected to stay in the pool area during the entire meet and stay with the team until the end of the meet.
- All athletes are expected to return to Skyline with the team after all dual meets when a bus is provided.
- Others rules may be added as deemed necessary by the coach and athletic director